Find Out What May Be Wrong With Your Car
Click on the icons to explore the common problems
LightsIt is recommended that you drive with dipped headlights at all times to help with visibility and to help reduce accidents. It is therefore vital to regularly check that your lights are in working order and regulate to road law standards.
BrakesThe most common problems with brake pads include: brake pull or brake pulsing, brake noise or brake vibration, and spongy brake pedal. If you're concerned that you're brakes aren't functioning correctly make sure to get them checked.
Shock AbsorbersIt is highly advisable to get your shock absorbers checked reguarly. If the majority of your driving is short distances in town, you could be in for a surprise on a country road if you take a bumpy bend at high speed.
OilFor longer life and smooth running for your engine make sure you reguarly change your oil and ensure that it is suitably topped up.
Wiper BladesIf your wiper blades streak or haze it could well be that the rubber has worn out and it's time to replace your blades. It's recommened that you change your wiper blades at least once a year to ensure safety and optimum visibility.
SeatbeltsSeat belts save lives. Be sure to check that all of your seatbelts are fully functioning and in working order.
TyresWorn tyres can be higly dangerous and significantly affect stopping distances. Reguarly check your pressures and look for signs of damage to tyre walls.
EngineProper maintenance of your engine reduces the chance of breaking down in your car and will help to prevent expensive repairs in the future. If you have noticed your engine struggling to fire up, it is time to get a health check on it.
AirbagAs the last resort safety feature of your car, when the airbag light shows up on the dashboard, you must recognise the need to take it to garage to be checked and fixed. Neglecting your airbags could be a very serious issue in the future.
Click on the sections below to see the problems we can help you with. 01462 459459
- Engine mechanical faults/failure
- Head gasket
- Engine miss-fire, bad running, bad performance
- Timing chain wear/failure
- Timing belt wear/failure
- Electrical faults
- Injectors blocked or failed
- EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) faults
- Carbon build up on inlet valves and in manifolds
- Alternator failure
- Battery failure
- Emission faults
- Coolant leaks
- Water pump failure
- Thermostat failure
- Head gasket failure
- Oil leaks
- Oil pump failure
- Exhaust blocked or blowing
- DPF (diesel particulate filter blocked)
- Shock absorbers worn/leaking
- Coil springs broken
- Ball joint/suspension arms worn
- Wheel alignment out
- Air suspension failure
- Brake discs/drums worn or distorted causing vibration
- Brake linings/pads worn
- Brake fluid leaks
- Anti lock braking (ABS) electrical faults
- Hydraulic modulator or pressure sensor faults
- Dynamic stability control (DSC) faults
- Traction control
- Bulb failure
- Wash wiper circuits
- Heater blower and Climate control
- Xenon lights electrical faults
- CAN BUS and Networking electrical circuits
- Electronic transmission control
- Airbag (SRS)
- PDC (parking distance control)
- Air conditioning